Ameraucana bantams?

HI all, we're finally adding to our small flock. I'm looking for ameraucana bantams or bantam easter egger hens. I've check feed stores and breeder directories to no avail. I'm hoping to "purchase local" but will order them if I need to.

If I order its a straight run with a min. order of 5. We're only looking to add 2 more bird, so if anyone is interested in also adding this kind of chicken to their flock, we could share the order.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll call you when they arrive. It's no problem for me to hold them for a few days.

• you're 100% right, although I have to say I've never tried to eat a bantam bird, just larger meaties, but I'm hoping with a small order it won't be to worry-some. who knew getting my flock to be composed of what i want was going to be so complicated, Im thankful for help!!!!

• yeah, i think i could do it if i needed too, but know two places that said they would take them to sell them, and this community has been great to us, so praying it will work out. ideally i'd just get my 2 hens but i know that's not always possible. 

• Thanks, Todd. I'll hold on the marans since you're a ways away from us. It might work really well for the others, though. :)

• Hi Todd- that would be ideal! (I bet Brad would also take a few) I'm willing to drive to get them for sure and pay you for them.  Ameraucana Bantams are hard to find locally i guess. Are they sexed or would be just take a few and see how they turn out? Either way we're open, we just can't have roosters in the city. We're very excited for chicks, we got our current girls as pullets.

• Kate, if you order a straight run, plan on half being roos.

• We're thinking of adding to our flock of one so maybe we could 'partner' on this. What part of town are you located? We're in NW Phoenix.

• I'm in Eastern Central Phoenix Arcadia area. We're hoping to order soon, and to take 2 hens. Are you willing to take any in the bunch that turn out to be roosters (in addition to some hens?) Looks like the one place online has a min. order of $25, which is about 8 chicks. If not I have one source that make take the roosters. Another source has a small min. order but they aren't available until April, which is later than we hoped to add to the flock.

This reply was deleted.