I am going to have a cardiac cath done, probably this coming Monday the 17th.I may have to stay overnight. Would anyone be interested in taking my ladies for a few days? I have three layers.They are accustomed to heavy shade, fans and misters in this heat.If anyone can help please email me at:ernie 85017 @ cox. netor call 6 0 2 - 7 9 5 - 3 0 0 1 I would gladly pay for their room and board. Thanks,RozRead more…
How to post to this group and other web site related questions go to the FAQs page.
Local Chicken-Afflilated Stores:
Local sources of baby chicks, chicken feed, and supplies. Feed stores that are known to carry organic feed have asterisks (**), though it's always best to call and confirm beforehand:
(602) 265-4223 • 1005 E. Camelback Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602) 992-3410 • 16028 N. 32nd St (N. of Greenway), Phoenix, AZ 85032
*NEW* Western Ranchman carries AZ made Treadle Feeders for only $60!
(623) 939-3326 • 5237 W. Glendale Ave., Glendale, AZ 85301
Aden’s Hay Oasis**
(480) 988-5015 • 18206 E. Williams Field Road, Higley, AZ
(623) 487-9277 • 6615 W. Thunderbird Road, Glendale, AZ 85306
Tempe Feed & Tack
(480) 966-3884 • 1041 W. University Dr. (W. of Mill Ave) , Tempe, AZ 85281
Gordon’s Feed & Seed
(602) 276-8894 • 600 W. Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041
Ray’s Feed Store
(602) 243-0188 • 643 W. Baseline, Phoenix, AZ 85041
The Feed Barn** AKA The Feed Lot
(623) 582-1147 • 2428 W. Lone Cactus Dr, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Mesa Feed Barn
(480) 969-9704 • 240 E. Broadway Rd., Mesa, AZ 85210
Scottsdale Livestock Supply
(480) 998-1860 • 7501 E Redfield Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260-3403
(480) 988-2419 • 3091 East Williamsfield Road • Higley, AZ 85236
www.valleypermaculturealliance.org (you are here, join the “micro livestock” group!)
www.backyardchickens.com this is a HUGE forum—a great place to get questions answered!
www.feathersite.com (Click on ‘the poultry page’- great for images of different breeds)
Alternative Poultry Production Systems and Outdoor Access, an ATTRA publication: http://attra.cnat.org
Good Books about Chickens:
Fowl Play by Rachel Bess
The Chicken Health Handbook by Gail Damerow
Raising Poultry the Modern Way by Leonard S. Mercia
Storey’s Guide to Raising Chickens by Gail Damerow
Chickens in Your Backyard by Rick and Gail Luttmann
Chicken Tractor by Andy Lee
***Plans for building a Treadle Feeder***
*New* Don't want to build your own treadle feeder? They are now available at Western Ranchman for only $60. Made in AZ by a VPA member!
Hello all, we are down to 3 hens and although it's been a good run I don't think I can manage this summer. We are expecting our first baby next week and with c-section recovery and other issues I'm not feeling confident nor looking to care for them this summer. They are approximately 3 years old, bought them as chicks from the local stock shop and have been used to produce scraps, free range of backyard and doing their thing. 2 barred rock, 1 australorp. Must take All. Have a feed bad to go…Read more…
Note: this page contains paid content.
Please, subscribe to get an access.