Ameraucana bantams?

HI all, we're finally adding to our small flock. I'm looking for ameraucana bantams or bantam easter egger hens. I've check feed stores and breeder directories to no avail. I'm hoping to "purchase local" but will order them if I need to.

If I order its a straight run with a min. order of 5. We're only looking to add 2 more bird, so if anyone is interested in also adding this kind of chicken to their flock, we could share the order.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wow! I go to work for a few hours and there's now two pages of discussion. Sounds like you got your order in Kate. Glad to hear it. I think we'll wait maybe two weeks before getting a few bantams as we need to do some work in the chicken run first.

• I have an order coming in a week or so and I could probably add to it without incuring additional shipping charges....

I do live about 45 minutes from you though.

Murray Mcmurray says the chicks you want are available.

• Todd, what part of town are you in? We're in north eastern Gilbert.

We'll be putting in an order this next week for 50 meat chickens, but we want to get about 4 Marans hens, too, and I'm not sure if we can add them onto to meat chicken order and get the better prices.

• I just called and the hatchery said they can add them to my order if they have them. I realized that my order ships this week.

I live about 15 minutes from Pinacle Peak in North Scottsdale.

Check the website and let me know if you want me to add them to my order ASAP. 

• Hi Todd-

Yes I would love to add some ameraucana bantams to your order, can you add just a few since you're likely already over the minimum? I think that hatchery only does straight runs, so I'd order 4, with hopes that 2 are hens and would gladly share the roosters with you guys or find them homes:) 

• you should be able to get them sexed. I think that rehoming roosters is great, but I wouldn't order strait run unless you are prepared to slaughter the roosters if you have to. Like I said, rehoming is great, but often not possible, so being mentally prepared to slaughter any roosters is important.

• No, you're right. They are only listed as strait run on the website. Maybe the bantams are harder to sex? Either way, I'm not trying to be harsh, but most of us can't have roosters because of city code, and people in areas where they are allowed often can't have more than one in their flock because of how territorial roosters are. A friend of mine ordered 10 strait run chicks and got 9 roosters and 1 hen...needless to say, they had lots of roosters to process.

• I just added 4 straight run aracauna bantams to me order which will be delivered early next week.. 

poultry will be delivered Sunday February 12, 2012 - Wednesday February 15, 2012

The aditional cost was $21.55.

I can take your roosters later if you like.

• Hi Todd! Anxiously awaiting next week! Again, call 480 277 4178 anytime and I'll make arrangements to come and get the chicks! I really appreciate all of your help. Hopefully they will come Sunday or Monday!

k.

• Hi Todd- this is awesome news!!! my cell is 480 277 4178 if you need to reach me. I work during the day and have a work event the evening of the 14th but I will happily come and get them pronto as my boss permits! I currently have plans to be up your way on that Monday morning and that Thursday in the early evening so maybe that will work too.

This reply was deleted.