Beet recipes please?

Does anyone have a favorite recipe for refrigerator pickled beets?  Or any beet recipe.  I just tasted one of my beets from the garden and realized I need some tips to make them tasty.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I absolutely love roasting beets to bring out their sweetness and flavor.  Bonus:  you don't even have to peel them.  Just scrub, cut into approx 1" pieces, toss with some olive oil and salt and throw into a 375 degree oven with some sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Now I'm off to check out Birgit's blog!

• I like your idea of roasting the beets.  I did not even realize it was Birgit blog, but now I really want to try her battered cod recipe.

• Ditto Leanne's roasted beets - but I add a splash of balsamic at the end.

Grace, I love the Russian Cabbage Borscht recipe from my Moosewood Cookbook.  You can find it here:

Russian Cabbage Borscht - Moosewood 

Moosewood Cookbook Borscht
      This vegetarian Russian cabbage stew will convert you from carnivore to cabbage-lover.
  • My favorite way to prepare fresh beet is a raw beetroot and horseradish salad. I have the recipe here

Raw Beetroot and Horseradish Salad
    Many, many years ago, when I spent several years in Camphill Villages , and we literally lived off the land, there would always be that tim...
    • Birgit - i LOVE your blog site!!!!!

WOW!!!  gonna have fun playing there!  Thanks for sharing.  ;-)

• Thanks so much, Vynnie! I'm so glad you're finding some fun stuff on my blog! :)

• Thanks Birgit, that looks really interesting.  I am going to try it.

This reply was deleted.