Local "what's in season" calendar?

Anyone know of a calendar that lists what available crops are ripe when in the Valley? I mean items that one would possibly find growing in a public place, or perhaps from an overhanging branch.

Something like this (I just estimated the dates - feel free to correct me and add stuff!)

[ List removed - see attached PDF ]

PHX_forage.pdf

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ooh and I forgot to mention that you grill the figs after stuffing them - vital step! Here's a pic from last time we made them. Unfortunately, they didn't last long enough to get an "after" pic:

1030357822_e8a1c49415.jpg

• awesome!!!!! thanks for the pics...i'm def a visual learner
    • I have had black walnuts before...we had to break the shell with a hammer on a piece of metal.
    • Indeedie. Black walnuts are good. Green walnuts are good. It's the in-betweens that are not so good.
  • oohh....i like your idea here and wold love to have a copy as people add to this. my fig - a Peter's Honey - bore fruit in july see here and according to others in this group, i will have (and it looks like it) another crop in september or october.

i believe apples are september and october.
    peaches are may :-)
    • Aug. 26, 2009

Dear Lylah,

My name is Sarah and my hubby and I are about to start the Permaculture certificaion class. I've seen and enjoyed your comments on the p-culture site, so decided to ask you a question or two.

Is the taste of your Peter's Honey fig as divine as my favorite desert landscaping author, Scott Calhoun, says that it is? What other figs and fruit and citrus trees and bushes do you have, and what do you think of each? We just planted 9 citrus and 2 pomegranates in early summer, so we don't have much info to share about our
      choices yet.

Thank you for the ifo.
    • Oh...how sweet of you to ask.....this fig is the only fig we've grown and i've fallen in love with. i think we got "her" at bakers nursery and she drips like honey :-)

we have a peach tree - should bear fruit next may and in the beginning of the year we planted an apple - no fruit yet. we also have an orange, lemon and grapefruit - all of which should be giving fruit soon...hopefully. and, we have a pomegranate - young one too - got 2 fruit this season....next years should be better....
    • Thanks for the additions! I'll add them.
This reply was deleted.