Goslings hatched this morning

My Roman Tufted geese hatched this morning. Adorable, deep yellow fluff balls. The tuft on top of their heads make them even cuter! The Roman Tufted is the smallest of the geese breeds, by far the most gentle and quiet. Usually I allow them to hatch their own eggs but this year their nest was in the irrigation path. They have even allowed me to reach under them to take a baby. Most geese would have a fit but the Tufted are more easy going. I have raised them for many years to keep grass under control in some areas where I have fruit and orange trees. Other than winter when grass is dormant, they thrive on the grass alone. These goslings are for sale and can leave as early as Saturday, but I will hold them for Easter. If you order from the hatchery you have to buy 15 of them, pay for shipping and the cost per bird is about $15 each. I will let them go for $10 and you can have just one or two if that's all you want. I also have French Black Copper Marans chicks that hatched today as well. They lay the deep, deep chocolate colored eggs. If you want to know more about these breeds of birds you may call me at 480-892-2604. Love to meet and talk to you.............Bobbie

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'd like information about the Marans, too. We'll call you, Bobbie!

BTW, where are you located?

• I live in Gilbert. There were 31 Marans and every one of them sold within 6 hours. I do have MORE in the incubator due to hatch in a few days and another batch the first week in April. following those will be the batch I start this weekend.

• I am interested in the black maran chicks.  But cannot take them for a bit.  Can we work a deal on that?

• I sold all the Marans within 6 hours but there will be new one hatching weekly. Call to put in your order. These turned out to be the best in many years as I added a new rooster who is improving the line.

This reply was deleted.