Whole Foods now carrying organic chicken feed

Backyard chicken owners rejoice – Arizona Whole Foods Market stores now carry organic chicken feed from Coyote Creek Organic Feed Mill. Coyote Creek feeds are made with certified organic ingredients, and meet the USDA’s national organic standards. Orders are made fresh for Whole Foods Market so customers can feed their chickens fresh, wholesome organic feed. Also available is an organic soy-free version.

What makes organic chicken feed special?

• Organic grains are grown from seed that has not been genetically modified
  • The grains are grown in a healthy, living soil, and have not been treated with chemical herbicides, insecticides, or fertilizers
  • Quality feed for your hens means quality eggs for your family

You can find Coyote Creek organic chicken feed at these Whole Foods Market locations:

• Chandler: 2955 W Ray Road, Chandler AZ 85224
  • Paradise Valley: 10810 N Tatum Blvd Phoenix AZ 85028
  • Raintree: 8688 East Raintree Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85260
  • Scottsdale: 7111 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix AZ 85054
  • Tempe: 5120 S Rural Rd, Tempe AZ 85282
  • Oracle: 7133 Oracle Rd, Tucson AZ 85704
  • Speedway: 3360 E Speedway Blvd, Tucson AZ 85716

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Local feed group run by two moms sprouted up in Tucson.  Of course, prices are much better 

www.tucsonorganicfeed.com

Tucson Organic Chicken Feed Wholesale Buyers Club
    Organic Feed For Sale at Wholesale Prices Direct from Supplier of Chicken Layer Broiler Starter Grower Finisher Goat Turkey Hog Dairy and Beef Feeds…
  • Here is a new source of Organic Chicken Feed too.

http://www.phoenixorganicfeed.com/index.html

Wholesale Buy Bulk Non Soy GMO Corn Free Organic Chicken Feed for Sale Phoenix Arizona AZ
    Buy Organic Chicken Feed at Wholesale Prices offers Wholesale Buy Bulk Non Soy GMO Corn Free Organic Chicken Feed for Sale in Phoenix, Arizona AZ
  • I found NewTimes had an article which quoted the pricing for the Whole Foods organic chicken feed:

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2011/07/whole_foods_now_sell...

In case anyone was wondering.......$19.99 for a 20lb bag.

SB

• That's pretty good news!  Do you know how big the bags are, and what's the price?

• Thanks Jane, do you know how much it costs (being that it's at whole paycheck and all ;) )? I like that they have a soy-free version...
    • Where did you find the ingredients, Rachel?

• I just read that there's an organic soy-free version in Jane's original post. I haven't actually been to Whole Foods to check it out. I have a hard time imagining that they're taking up shelf space with 50 lb bags that cost $27...

• Be nice to know what's in it and in what percentage.  I try to cut down the amount of corn I feed when it's really really hot.
  • Please be careful before assuming that just because something is organic it does not include chemical herbicides or insecticides.  The USDA maintains a list of compounds, both synthetic and naturally occurring, that can be used by farmers and still use the term "organic". 

I can't speak to Coyote Creek specifically, as I'm not familiar with them.  But unless the package literally says that no herbicides or insecticides were used, you can't assume that they weren't just because it is labeled organic. 

This reply was deleted.