Replies

• This should take you to the sign-up sheet:

DIRECT sign-up LINK

I don't know why the first one won't - I copied & pasted from the site...

• We are on the tour, but my husband and I have enough help that we feel we might like to explore some coops nearby.  Do we have to buy a ticket?

• Nope! You will also be meeting the other coop owners at the orientation and we encourage you to visit a few of them prior to the tour, if possible, to share ideas. I look forward to seeing your coop!!!

• Now it should work - I used the 'link' button to add it this time. So this should take you to the sign up sheet:

Tour de Coop Volunteer

Biosecurity is a method of preventing possible chicken deseases from being spread from coop to coop. Ours will be in the form of a 'scraper mat' and shallow footbaths (just the soles of shoes) with disinfectant in them at the entrance to each coop.

You're right Mischa. The Valley Permaculture Alliance was the Phoenix Permaculture Guild, they just changed the name - same organization. Valleypermaculturealliance.org is set to forward to the old url so either one should take you to the same place.

• Hey Debbie - the main link didn't work for me either but the link above (in your reply) worked as did the copy and paste method Shari mentioned... Michele Spiller

• Hmmm. nope. The link shows the right URL, but when I click directly on it, it takes me here: http://www.phoenixpermaculture.org/go/10C084FAEAD2BA46-3rdannual instead of to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084faead2ba46-3rdannual. But when I copy & paste the URL, it works well. I'm not sure what that's about, but hopefully its only doing that to me and no one else will notice. :) 

On the Tour de coups website it references the Guild, so that's why I wondered. When I googled it, I found a site that is different than the alliance site, but updated. Looking at it again I see that it's a subdomain of the alliance.

I'm looking forward to the tour!

• I signed up for Grow House registration.  Isn't that what we talked about?

The Valley Permaculture Alliance used to be the Phoenix Permaculture Guild.  I think that maybe it was an oversight that this wasn't changed on the Tour de Coops site?  Correct me if I am wrong, Debbie.

• Yes - you don't need to sign up on the sheet because you have a unique position that is not listed there. You get to be 'in charge' of the check-in volunteers at Grow House, like you did at the APS Shade Tree corral. You did such a good job there - I thought of you immediately! :) I'll be in touch personally with the details some time this coming week.

• Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Mischa.

• Debbie, the link to the sign up didn't work when I clicked on it, but when I copied & pasted it, it did. I think it needs a space between the exclamation point and the www to work here. :)

As I read through the sign up page, it mentioned a "biosecurity pan" at the homes. What's that?

And another question..The Tour de Coops is sponsored by the Phoenix Permaculture Guild, which appears to be a different organization than the VPA. Am I right? I'd never heard of that group, but it looks like another great resource for permaculturists.

This reply was deleted.