Replies

• I am looking for some place in the East valley to buy red wrigglers for composting and my garden.  Tried a guy in Queen Creek that claimed 2-300 in gallon bucket of compost for $10 and I got less than 35 worms and only about 3 were of adult size.  The hydroponics store in Mesa will order me some from CA, but I was hoping to local worms.  Does anybody were I can get a good deal locally?

Thanks in advance

James in Mesa

• Thanks everybody.  Sheri, I may be able to take you up on your offer of a trade.  Do you have an e-mail for me to contact you?  Zachary, lucky you--my chickens and ducks would love to visit your garden :D

• Petsmart and usually Petco

• I have a lot in my garden.  I started out buying 30 a year ago from Petsmart in the reptile section, now I have 30 in every handful of soil.

end of april 033.jpg

• Wow, that's cool! We have a lot of earthworms in our garden, so I never thought about putting the wigglers out there. I've started to put the wigglers into my potted plants, though. 

• I noticed that you raise mealworms. Maybe we can trade some wigglers for mealworms?

• We bought ours at a hydroponics store in Phoenix. They cost $20 for a 1lb bag, which is supposed to be around 1,000 worms. I don't think anyone counted. :)  We used most of them in our aquaponics system, so I'm not sure how many we have left in our worm bucket, but I know they're reproducing nicely.

If you need a bunch right away, it would be best to buy them, but if you have time to raise your own, we can share a handful so you can start your own "farm." We're also in Gilbert, BTW.

• Hello

I was wondering what the name of the store you got your worms from?

This reply was deleted.