Organic Vs. Organically Grown Feed

I have been buying USDA organic layer pellets at Aden's Hay Oasis. They recently made a change to no longer carry that bag only the "organically grown" feed. It is not USDA organic so my assumption is that is is genetically modified corn products grown organically. I do NOT want GMO products. The lady looked at me like I was crazy and said everyone else just switched to the other one. Anyone else with me on this?

I now have a problem. I do not know where to find USDA organic feed from my girls. They will be eating the other until I can find it. I live in NE Mesa. I rarely if ever can get to Phoenix and or Scottsdale, my husband takes our one working car to work and I work in Chandler the two days he's off. Anyone near me get theirs and can add a bag here and there for me? Or have any suggestions on where to order?

Thanks for the help!

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yep, there's several options now that are free of corn, soy, and canola. 

• That's great!  The only problem is that the pick-up place is so far for me I eat up my savings by the time I drive there and back.  My Azure pick up is 1 mile from me.  I can see it working if you buy a lot of feed, but I only use a little over one bag a month.  It's not worth saving $10 to drive all the way up there.  :-(

• I order mine from Azure Standard.  (Azurestandard.com)

You can check their website for how to order from them.  No shipping if you order at least $50 each month.  They have lots of good stuff so I never have a problem meeting the minimum. :-)

They have an organic and an organic, corn and soy free feed.

Rogue Feed Chicken Layer Pellets, Organic

I don't know if this one is USDA

Magill Ranch Cascade Layer Poultry Feed, Organic - Corn & Soy Free

This one is USDA but it's a mash and expensive

• We have an AZURE Standard Drop Point in Tempe.

It was my understanding that you need a $500 order to get the free shipping. So we have a "drop point" for the group of people that I order with.

Either way, I know its not NE mesa- but Azure standard is a GREAT way to get the things you can't get locally and it is responsible sourcing. 

Let me know if you want more details on that. :) 

This reply was deleted.