Lonely Guinea keet

I have read Guinea's like to be with a few of their own kind. Well, I bought a few but unfortunately I am down to one who is about 4 weeks old now.  Anyone know if it will be OK on it's own just socializing with chickens eventually or do I need to find a few replacement guineas for its fallen friends?  I know that is likely the most ideal scenario. 

Anyone have any babies to sell if that is the case? Color is unimportant but unique colors would be cool.  Thanks in advance.  I really only want to end up with a trio at the most, if possible as I have heard they can get pretty loud in big groups.

I live in the Mesa/Gilbert area if that helps anyone.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Date: 2012-03-24,  5:09PM

6 Guinea Fowl for sale @ $10.00 each 6 months old.

Location: Buckeye, AZ it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/grd/2920641505.html

good luck

martha

• I probably have quite a bit more invested in the birds at this point so, I'm sure I would be loosing 5 or 10 bucks if I sold some at fair market value. I probably spend more than I should on deep shavings, grogel, quick chick and stuff. I would part with a few for about $12 each and feel that it was fair.

I'm not actually looking to sell any but, I would to help somebody out. We could meet near Pinacle Peak if you like.

They were born Feb 27th.

• Prices I quoted were off CraigsList phoenix

• I have not priced guineas fron MacMurray or other sites. Among chickens, prices range from $5 - $30, depending on breed age and owner desperation to thin a flock without killing. Ducks and geese are going for 20-40. Just haven't seen guineas.

• What would a 3 or 4 week old keat be worth? I would consider adopting out a few if the price was right. I have Pearls from the French strain.

• I think I paid a little over $5 for the one week old keets.  I would pay a few dollars more than that for ones a bit older.  What would you be looking for to purchase two?

• I have been scanning the farm/garden offerings on Craig'slist, but don't recall anything there. Will keep my eyes open, though.

M

This reply was deleted.