I need a home for a year old Americauna

We raised 3 chicks which we got last August. One died at the end of May and we lost another one today. We are definitely doing something wrong and it is a heartbreaking experience. I don't think we can get any other chickens right now, and I don't want Daisy to be alone. Can anyone adopt my chicken? She lays good eggs. :) My kids would prefer someone that would not eat her. We live in South Tempe and would deliver her to a good home.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i will take her, she will be able to free range here with my other birds. call dan 602 320 5030
    • Dan,
      Thanks so much for offering to take Daisy and I apologize to you for getting back to you so late - we have been overwhelmed a little bit. I went ahead and sent Daisy over to a neighbor who has a small new flock. Hopefully the transition will go well for her. I really do appreciate your offer.

Lori
  • I would be happy to add her to my flock. I have about 15 other chickens. I am up in North Phoenix. I'd be willing to meet you somewhere so you wouldn't have to drive so far.

Thank you for your consideration.

Peggy
    • Peggy,
      Thank you so much for offering to take Daisy and I apologize for the lateness of my reply - we have had some unexpected events that have really thrown me for a loop. Because of time considerations and some travel plans that are quickly approaching - Daisy headed over to neighbor who has a small, young flock of birds. We are hoping she finds a good home there, but if not, when I return from vacation, I may contact you. Thanks again,

Lori
This reply was deleted.