Hens for Free

I have 5 hens I need to find new homes for. They were hatched 10/09 and should start laying some time at the end of February or beginning of March. They are 1 Brown Leghorn, 1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 1 Americauna. They are healthy and happy but I have too many. Please let me know if you would be interested. They would need to be picked up in Buckeye.This would be perfect for someone wanting to start raising chickens but don't want to raise them from chicks.Thanks, Cathy

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Julie, Are you still interested in the chickens? Please let me know. I still have the Brown Leghon and the New Hampshire Red. Thanks, Cathy
    • Sure. LEt me see when I can have our friends pick the girls up.
    • Can you email me at catbrunson@msn.com if you still want the Leghorn and New Hamp Red. Thanks, Cathy
    • I think they have been given away but if it falls through your next in line. Thanks.
  • Hi Cathy,
    I currently have 4 RR hens and was looking for at least 2 more. I would love the Americauna and the Buff Orpingtons if someone hasn't already scooped them up! Where in Phoenix do you live?
    • They're yours then if you want. I live in Buckeye which is west of Phoenix.
    • how soon do you want to place them out? I can pick them up this weekend if you need them gone pretty quick. Just looked at the pics! What cuties. What is the one with the gold speckled chest? Very pretty.
    • I think your describing my golden laced wyandotte. I think they're beautiful too. I had a white laced but it was the one of my chicks that didn't make it. The first chick I've ever lost and I've been doing this for years.

I want to place them as soon as I can but I will be gone Saturday morning to Sunday afternoon. If you want to get them tomorrow or Sunday evening that would work otherwise I'm home most of the time and you can just let me know. My email is catbrunson@msn.com. Send me an email and I'll give you directions.

Thanks, Cathy
  • Hi Cathy ~

Anyway to post some pictures of your available hens? Their ages are just about right to maybe add to our existing flock although i would only want one or tow of them.

Thanks,
    Brad
    • Here are some pictures. Sorry but I couldn't get them by themselves to take a picture with the exception of the brown leghorn. It's the one that's by itself in the pictures. I have someone else interested in the orpingtons and the americauna so the others are yours if you agree. Thanks, Cathy

Chickens 003.JPG

Chickens 006.JPG

Chickens 005.JPG

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/5022291485?profile=original
This reply was deleted.