Hens for Free

I have 5 hens I need to find new homes for. They were hatched 10/09 and should start laying some time at the end of February or beginning of March. They are 1 Brown Leghorn, 1 New Hampshire Red, 2 Buff Orpingtons and 1 Americauna. They are healthy and happy but I have too many. Please let me know if you would be interested. They would need to be picked up in Buckeye.This would be perfect for someone wanting to start raising chickens but don't want to raise them from chicks.Thanks, Cathy

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• So, I am new to this and am just starting my education - I do not have a chicken or a coop or any sort of set up as of yet. I'm asking, in this discussion because it is mentioned a lot, what kind of chicken is it wise to start off with? I've noticed that there are a lot of different kinds and I'd like to get started off right...are the differences major?
  • I have been watching this post. If you still need to find a home for your hens I have a small hand raised flock that will easily take in a few new hens. We can pick up this Sat.
    Thanks,
    Susan
  • Cathy,
    The girls are home :) Well they're in our truck, my husband's eating lunch with our friend who picked them up, but they're quite happy right now. Will tuck them into the coop when I get home this evening :) Thanks!

Julie
    • I thank you for taking them. Hope you enjoy.
    • We will do that! Im hoping that everyone gets along. They should. All our girls are friendly and there's not really a strong pecking order that's at least seen in the girls, so they should fit in pretty quick :) Did they have names?
    • No. I knew I was going to have to give some away so I've waited to name them.
    • Awe, poor girls. Still dont have all ours named yet. Just a few.
  • Hello Cathy,
    If anyone falls through on Buffs, please let me know!
    Denise
  • Cathy,
    I may be interested in at least a few of them. Please place me on the waiting list.
    Thanks
    Dixon
  • Cathy, I'd be interested in them. A friend lives in Tonopah and could prob pick up for me.
This reply was deleted.