Desperately seeking local hatchery/breeder in AZ

I am preparing to find my first backyard chicken flock. I would like to avoid the trauma of shipping my new babies to be, so I wondered if anyone had suggestions for reputable/local AZ breeders preferably in the Phx area. I do not know if organically raised chicks are even an option, but it is definitely my wish! I would appreciate any helpful information =)

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I wanted to thank everyone. I'm happy to report that we have 6 little girls from hatchbawks.com here in Phoenix.
    We are enjoying our 2 week old babies.
    1 Australorp
    1 Buff Orpington
    1 Barred Rock
    3 Americanas
    • We got our chicks from hatchbawks earlier this year and have been very pleased. I chose similar ones (2 Australorps, a Buff, a RIR, a Barred Rock and an Amercauna). We should be getting eggs in the next month or so. I hope to add a few more in the fall.
    • Excellent.

• Great!  A few of you have contacted me this week.  I am crazy busy with a tour at my house this weekend and other farm-sy stuff.  But, you are on my radar and I will call/contact you back next week! 

-Kari

• That would be great. I hope your weekend is a terrific success!
  • The coop is framed & due to it's size, it is referred to as our home addition! We will be painting & adding the wire fencing to complete our preparations for our much anticipated clucking family members. I have not been able to finalize our breeder selection quite yet, so I am still open to suggestions. Although, I very much look forward to hearing from you, Kari Spencer, since your breeds are completely in line with what we are hoping for & your location couldn't be more convenient =) 

• We can hatch for you at our farm.  Let us know how many you would like, and we will put eggs in the incubator.  The chicks will be ready for you in three weeks.

-Kari Spencer

TheMicroFarmProject(at)gmail.com

• WOW! I appreciate your offer, it is possible that you could solve my dilemma. I'd need to know a few things, like (1) where you are located, (2) what breeds of chickens you would be hatching, (3) what is the cost of each of them, and (4) would they be sexed?
    • We are located in PHoenix, near 32nd St. and Cactus.  We have mixed breeds (which I think are the hardiest chickens).  Our flock consists of  leghorns, Australorps, Ameraucanas, Orpingtons, Delawares and Barred Rocks.

We will also have pure bred Polish, MiIlle Fleur D'uccles and bantam silkie/frizzle mixes by the end of the summer.

They are not sexed as chicks, which are $4.  However, we do sell 3- 4 month old birds for $18, which are sexed.  We also have point of lay hens for $25.

• Hi Kari I'm also practically a neighbor as I'm just up the road at 52nd st and Cactus. I'll send you a message as I'd love to chat with you further!

This reply was deleted.