Replies

• We all have issues with our neighbor's animals. I recently had my neighbor's rooster attacked my rooster. As a preventive measure I put railroad ties along my fence to keep their dogs out. All part of the game.
  • Wow, thanks for sharing your "training" tip! I got tired of cleaning the patio every day and recently started keeping them in their fenced in area. I'll be happy to let them roam the rest of the yard now :)

• Have you talked to the neighbors? We've trained chickens to stay off our patio, out of the garden, and out of the dog's yard by using a plastic bottle 1/2 filled with gravel. it makes a lot of noise, and we toss it near the bird. They scatter! Any time a bird comes into your yard, toss the bottle at them. Don't hit them, of course. :) 

• Yes, I have talked to them a couple of times.  I have told the neighbors about my dogs and asked them to clip the chickens's wings.  Initially there were 12 chickens getting into my yard now there is just a hen and a rooster.  At first I did not mind the chickens, but there have been several issues and now it's getting to be I can't have the things I want in my own back yard because of the chickens. One of the neighbors even complained to me about how loud the rooster was thinking it was mine.  The dogs have gotten used to them so they are no longer any help.   I like my neighbors and don't want to report them.

• Grace, Sheri's idea of the noise bottle will probably help more than talking to the neighbors since that does not seem to work.

This reply was deleted.