Chickens in Glendale?

Hi folks, a friend asked me this morning if it's legal to have chickens in Glendale.  She lives on 67th Avenue and Glendale area, I think.

Anyone know if chickens are allowed?

Thanks,

Laura

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are loads of chickens in Glendale in residential communities (of course in the horse properties). I think most of us are just on the down low.

Hey--speaking of that. I signed on because my black Astrolorp, that I know is a hen as it lays lovely eggs, is out there in the back yard right now making what sure sounds like a crowing noise. It's a three syllable errr-a -rrrrr. This is a 14 month old hen. And it is strutting all over my back yard like cock-of-the walk. They don't change sexes do they? Is she just taking a walk on the wild side? 

• She's just walking a little wild. :) My chickens did their best to imitate their neighbor ducks recently. Chickens are very social birds.
  • I checked a few weeks ago, and unless the property is zoned agricultural, no chickens are permitted.  For the most up-to-date information, your friend can check with Code Compliance at 623-930-3610.
  • I live in Glendale and keep chickens. I haven't checked in more than 10 years, but I think hens are allowed, roosters are not.
This reply was deleted.