Chicken Sitter

Hi everyone!

We are thinking of taking off for the Memorial Day weekend, Thur May 26 thru Monday May 30.  We have 7 chickens and would like someone to check on them, let them out in the a.m. and make sure they are in at night.  Just wondering if someone who has chickens already in our area or someone who wants some might be interested in helping keep an eye on them, as it would be a good way to get aquainted with chicken ownership. 

We are at 42nd St and Campbell, right near La Grande Orange. 

My number is 602.956.4210

Thanks!

Heather Taylor

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi again,

We are getting away this coming week Wed thru Sun and can use some help looking after our chickens if anyone's offer still stands.  Thanks,

Heather

• cool, thanks.  We are now thinking of going Sun the 29 thru June 1. Not for sure yet, though. 
    • I am new to chickens as I just got 7 pullets this month, but I may be able to help you out. I'm not right in your neighborhood (I'm at University/Alma School) but am willing to help you out if you haven't found someone else.

Would help out just to see your setup, how you keep your chickens and for some eggs to eat (if possible) since mine aren't laying yet.

If you all are in the same area same offer to you all in this thread.

Carole Walsh

(602) 206-7159

• Carole,

That is nice of you.  Turns out we can't get away this weekend anyway.  But I will keep you in mind if we do in the future.  Anytime you are in the area and want to see our set-up, let me know.  Our 7 birds are not yet laying (anytime now), and we think one is a rooster.  Best of luck with yours!

Heather

• Yes, keep me in mind. By the way I just went and bought some eggs from a lady close by and then I found my first two eggs this weekend! They are very small but I guess at least one of my pullets is content enough to start laying! I'm so excited about that.

She also had 3 Peking ducks and a couple of fluffly silkies along with her Easter Eggers and assorted brown egg layers. I told her to join up here to give someone her 2 roosters that she couldn't keep, but I've not seen her on here yet.

Hope yours start laying soon- maybe go buy some eggs from someone and then they will start!

• Hi Heather,

Great idea.  I unfortunately am not able to chicken sit as we live in Central PHX.  We are leaving too for a week and I wanted to ask if you knew what the going rate for a chicken sitter was?  Also, is anyone who lives in Central PHX (Windsor Square) available/interested in chicken sitting from 5/31- 6/5? 

Maggie (602.796.7877)

• Hi Maggie,

We're leaving for San Diego on 7/16 for a couple of weeks and need somebody close to check on our chickens.  They have the full run of the yard and go to bed by themsleves, we just need someone to check on them to make sure the auto-waterer is filling up and that they have food.  We'd be glad to reciprocate when you're gone again.  We have 10 girls and we're at Maryland & 12th Street.

Denise

• Hi Maggie,

I was hoping not to have to do a cash payment and instead give someone an experience they might have been thinking about trying, or trade with someone for the same service at a later time.  I am not opposed to paying, it is just that my brother and his fiance will do it if I ask them, or the neighbor kids, I just hoped that a chicken owner nearby might want to form a network to trade sitting.  Where is Windsor Square?

Heather

This reply was deleted.