chicken coop building

Hello I am a new member ,Everyone calls me BEAR I am  interested in keeping chickens. I am looking at starting out with 3 to 4 egg layers, I am wondering if anyone has any contacts for someone to build me a coop that I can walk in and clean easy with at least one enclosed nest box. I could build one myself but frankly i don't have the time or knowledge of what the basic things I need for the chickens. Also I am not very good at working with wood.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had some big, chain link panels that I originally used for the coop.  But the wild birds get in and eat all the food, so it didn't work out for me.  

• Good morning Bear ~

Several years ago, I built us a coop that will withstand a hurricane and could build one for you. Although its not tall enough to stand in, I can sit in it as the whole end opens up. You are more than welcome to contact me so we can arrange to meet and you can look over our coop and discuss your ideas/plans. We live in NW Phx around 43rd Ave and Greenway. What part of town are you located in?

Reply here if you are interested.

Brad

• I live at 33rd ave and the 101 freeway. I would love to look at yours if I have extra time today since this is my last day off till back at work tomorrow. Do you have any pictures you can send to me?

• Here's my wife's photo album where you can see pix of the coop as well as a few others. 

www.phoenixpermaculture.org/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenNa...

I work today until 5pm so after that you're welcome to come visit. I can be reached at:

stream2699 at cox dot net

Brad

• very nice coop.

• Thanks Bear. Took me a couple of weekends to build since I work full-time and it has served us well. Again, let me know if you want to come and take a look.

• Hello Bear,

I've seen some chicken coops at Western Ranchman.  I bet if you don't like what they have, they would give you the contact info of the builder and he'd build you just what you want.  I'm glad someone if finally making them as there is a huge need for chicken coops.  Maybe someone on Craigslist is making them too.  Good luck!

Linda

www.bitoheavenfarm.com

• yes I saw a couple on craigslist but not really what I pictured for the prices they are asking. Thanks for the information

This reply was deleted.