Baby Chicks

We have once more begun incubating eggs. While we do want to increase the size of our flock, we are also willing to sell them to interested buyers. We are using our own eggs for the process and will be selling the chicks the last week of January, with day old straight runs for $2 each. Contact me if you want to be on the waiting list.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –


  • Thanks for letting us know.

  • The eggs are starting to hatch! Here is who I have received requests from.

    Kristin: 3 Buff Orpington

    Erin: 3 Buff Orpington, 3 Ameraucana

    I can't count your chickens before they hatch, but they should be ready for pickup on Monday. The first chick hatched a couple hours ago.

    • YAY!!!! woo hoo! I'll send you a message to arrange pickup! Thank you!

    • Sad news. From 27 eggs we only hatched 6 chicks, one of which has died. We were not as proficient as we thought in identifying breed, so we cannot be certain of breed purity. All five surviving were from the Buff Orpington Rooster. Hopefully we will have better success in our next attempt. I'm sorry, but we cannot sell any of these chicks as the count is well below what we hoped to keep for ourselves.

    • I'm so sorry to hear of this- I've hatched babies before and I know that sometimes it can be heartbreaking! Hopefully you'll have better fertility rates when the weather warms up. If possible, I'd still love to be considered for future hatch purchases :) I love orpingtons and right now I only have one (still not even sure yet if this little one is a roo or hen- only about a month old splash orp) so I'm hoping to get more!

      Thanks for the updates- best of luck for future hatches!

    • If possible, can we actually get 4 of each kind. Thanks, Erin

  • I would like to be on the list for four of the Ameraucanas if you have any left. Thanks! What part of town are you in?
    • I will be keeping a list. We don't have many Ameraucanas right now. We will be hatching more in February and I will keep you informed. We are near 99th Ave and Southern
      This domain may be for sale!
    • Thank you for the info. I will probably bow out for now as I am in Ahwatukee and 99th Ave is kinda far. Best of luck in your hatching!

    • Thanks! I'm excited for an update when they hatch!

This reply was deleted.