Just got muscovy ducklings.

Apparently these are show quality duckling bloodline chicks, 3 of them. I hope I have a drake and a hen, so we will see. I took the Muscovy plunge and in about a year I will be (crossed fingers) having ducklings for sale or trade to share the wealth.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can't figure out how to post pictures in a blog, so I posted pictures on the photo section. I got these ducks for pest control of mosquitos because I have a VERY irresponsible neighbor. I'd hate to see her water bill, and she isn't using it for gardening anything except African Sumac trees and flowers, which she kills by over watering. Tired of being eaten alive by insects nesting in the stagnant water that is rotting her baseboards as we speak, I have invested in some insect and mouse (come from her as well) eating ducks. These came from C+C hatchery and I talked him down from $20 per chick by telling him I would refer people to his place. He has some of the best duck stock in the valley, not sure about the chickens. You can't tell me they are pure lines with all those escaped roosters running around and sneaking into other pens. They also eat flies, scorpions, roaches, and left-overs. They are pretty awesome.
    They lay edible eggs and the ducks taste like roast beef.
    • Wow, didn't know they were so handy. Their pics are so cute! I saw C & C on Craigslist and watched their YouTube videos.
  • Where did you get them and how much did they cost? (If you don't mind me asking)
    I had to rehome my khaki campbells today, and I'm very sad about it. (They're just way too loud). I definitely see Muscovies in my future. Post pictures!
  • Congratulations! I'd love to see some pics. I know nothing about ducks. What is your reason for getting them?
This reply was deleted.