Hi fellow Micro Livestock lovers-The Phoenix Permaculture Guild is putting out a call for help with our first annual Tour de Coops! This is a great opportunity to learn a lot more about keeping backyard poultry and see first hand how others are keeping chickens, ducks, quail, etc at home. We are looking for both volunteers who would like to serve on an organizing committee, as well as submission entries (these can be either your coop or someone else's that you would love to see). Please let me know if you would like to attend our kick-off meeting (date TBD, depending on everyone's availability). We have a target date for the Tour of Dec. 5th. There will be submission entry forms posted soon for those interested in being a host site.Please email me directly: liz@phoenixpermaculture.netThanks all,Liz LonettiExecutive DirectorPhoenix Permaculture Guild

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This sounds like a great idea. We aren't up and running with our coop yet but hopefully will be by December. Either way would love to get involved in some way! :)
  • Thanks Jay for the reminder about BYC! I posted a note there and am awaiting response from the group. In the mean time, we've been looking for additional volunteers and creating some of the tour documentation that will be needed. I'll post them this week.
    Thanks!
  • Count me in.
  • Liz,

I would be interested in volunteering.

John
  • Thanks all of you for the support. I'll keep developing an interest list and by Friday we'll start coordinating a time for a preliminary meeting. Glad to hear you're all excited about this - I know I am!

liz
    • As there are many flock owners in town who are not part of PPG, it might be prudent to post this on BYC's arizona page. It'll most likely draw some more recruits. Good stuff. Thanks!

Jay
  • I want to enter my coop on the tour. This sounds fun.
  • Yay!
  • I would like to be a stop along the way on the Coop Tour ...count me in :)
  • I'm very interested as well.
This reply was deleted.