Garlic!

I hung my garlic harvest out to dry yesterday.  Some of them are very small and so I'm considering shucking and sun drying to grind for garlic granules.5020408875?profile=original  FYI they need to be hung in the shade, so I used our navel orange tree :-)

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dry roasting is just as good, the oil just makes it easier for some people :-)

• We have grown garlic for the first time this year and, like yours, it is ready to harvest. We'll hang them like you've shown. With this hot, dry weather, how long might it take for them to dry? How do you know when they are ready to bring inside? And then, do you keep the garlic braids hanging at room temperature, i.e. in the kitchen? Thanks!

• You want the outer skins to feel papery and the clove 'ribs' to be a little more pronounced - this means they have dried enough to store at room temperature for a month or more.  If you can't use your garlic in a month to 2 months at room temperature, store in a crisper and remove as needed.  Do not store soft vegetables with the garlic, or keep the garlic in a cardboard box in the crisper drawer.  Enjoy your garlic :-)  Oh, and you can use some right away as fresh, but the paper outside will be a little tougher to get off.  You can roast a whole head drizzzled with olive oil for about 45 minutes at about 350 and just squeeze the meat out.

This reply was deleted.