RAISED-BED GARDENING

I'm a raised-bed convert ~ they are wonderful for disguising compost heaps in an urban setting, not to mention solving the problem of compacted desert soil and rabbits. Would anyone like to see adobe-cob walls and learn how to make your own raised beds? I'd be happy to host a group here - a nice way to meet you all!You're welcome to tour my website garden too: http://wowkay05.googlepages.com/cherryhillsgarden

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I love the adobe cob walls! I'd love to learn how you do it. Any plans for another tour or workshop?
    • Hi Melissa - sorry for the delay, I just found your message. Thank you for your warm response to the cob walls! I wish the HOA felt the same! I'd be happy to hold another "tour" day - or you might prefer to do some hands-on work? Peg was interested in actually learning how to do it, so we might find a Saturday afternoon that works for all of us. Is December too busy for you?
  • So we're having a small RAISED-BED GARDENING meet on Saturday Nov 22 at 3pm for anyone who would like to drop by - checking out Anthea's cob walls! Location: Sun City, near 111th and Alabama.
  • yes, I plan to be there. I'm getting several ideas on how to put these walls into my landscaping. Right now I have mainly dirt in the back yard - a blank slate - although I did plant a garden in the corner of my yard. I ordered 20 fruit trees and 4 grape vines, so I have lots of digging to do. What time should we be at your house?
    • How about 3pm?
    • I think 3pm will be fine.
  • Great, Marcy! Peg is also interested, so that makes two. Saturday afternoon might work well - how about Sat. Nov 22? I'm attending a Feng Shui workshop in Peoria on 15th - hoping to get some more info on garden design!
  • you let me know when, and i'll be there ;) nice talking with you earlier too
This reply was deleted.