Getting it right!

I have read all the numerous posts and all the friendly advice from many of you.  The information has been very interesting and helpfull. Many of the problems you have spoken of I am experiencing too.

You mention issues on soil mix  such as native soil, mulch, and nutrients and the proportions of each.  You mention soil compaction issues. Too hot a soil due to mulch, etc.

My garden this year has been only a little successful this spring for a number of factors I have learned from all of you. 

I am going to send soil samples this week to a local lab for tesing to find out out what essentials I am lacking (or have too much of) and have the pH tested.  I want to do this prior to doing anything else.

This may hopefully take some of the guess work out of the equation.

Since the only thing I have going right now are a few squash, some peppers, and egg plants, I think in three weeks or so I will till up the garden and start doing what is needed to get ready for a winter (or fall) garden.

Does anyone know af a person who can come to my garden and tell me if the soil looks OK to them?

I might learn some tips from them also.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I advixe you to contact the County Extension Service and request assistance from one of the cadre of Master Gardeners.

extension.arizona.edu/maricopa

•  Thanks, Martha,   I will get in touch with them immediately.  Thanks!

• They can also advise you on soil test labs...Good luck!

This reply was deleted.