Tomato Plants, cut em or keep em?

Hi All, glad to have a NE discussion group! I have a mixture of tomato plants that all stopped producing tomatoes about 2 months ago. Some continue to bloom and grow. And they seem like they are "trying" to get going again. I dont know which are determinant and which and nondeterminant, or if they will produce any more this year. Any suggestions? Thanx in advance!

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I learned tomatos stop producing when it gets over 90 degrees. They may come back later, if you've taken care of them during the heat and continue to water. Since your are producing flowers and such I would give them a chance. Mine are growing, but nothing else is happening. I don't think mine are going to produce.

Someone I know said to get a rolled up newspaper and beat the bushes when they are like ours are now...he said they tend to like being beaten and tend to produce more and bigger and better. It's worth a shot for mine.
    But I'm getting my first rabbit today [for poo], and re-doing the garden this winter, so I think my tomato plants, unless they start showing some real LIFE to them, are goners.

Janine
    • I remember in my plant physiology class that plants will react to vigorous movement by growing stronger and more stable. But it would be cool to know that they produce more fruit because of it too!
This reply was deleted.