Replies

• The Nutrimill is the only flour grinder I have seen. I have two years of Red Butcher corn to grind.
    I want to use it in bread. The grinder is about $350. I am looking for an cheaper solution.

I have done the three sisters two years, always adjusting.

Good Luck

Dan
    • Wow, $350 is a chunk of cash. I only have a couple of dozen to grind right now.

You mentioned you have 2 years of your corn. How are you storing them, did you leave the husks on or off? Right now my husks are on, I let them dry completely on the stalks before I picked them. Any insight on storing would be great in case it is a while before I get to grind.

I do know a friend in Flagstaff that has a metate, and although going old school does not sound easy it may end up the way to go in the end for me.

The corn was the best from the 3 sisters. My native squash grew like CRAZY, but each time I had a baby develop it shriveled up and died. My beans took forever to take off and are growing the best right now. Planted back in March! The beans are a black eye native variety. All have names I can't pronounce:)
      Thanks! Ericka
This reply was deleted.