Where to purchase

I am looking into placing my order for chicks... and I am debating between the online places. I am likely going to order the 25 and then split them with a friend of see if anyone wants any here... but I was thinking of just going with an assorted lot or layers.

Does anyone have a hatchery preference?

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry that should be 7 Week Olds. 
    • No, once the kids saw them and started naming them it was all over lol.  They should start laying by April.  Sigh. 
  • Went by the Feed Barn (Deer Valley and I-27) yesterday to pick up feed, etc and they had lots of birds from chicks to laying age - looked like at least 4 different types, plus quail.  Birds looked healthy and the handyman who helped us gave us some good advice.  And one of the birds layed an egg while we were standing there. :)
    • Feed Barn is Awesome
  • Cactus Feeds has a whole bunch of 6 day old Barred Rocks.  They are pretty and lively.  Saw them today. They also have some 7 week RIR's I think.  They are in Gilbert at Ray & Gilbert.
  • Ah... they have an assorted layers bunch... 25 for $70ish... but yeah... I guess that could be expensive... IDK...
  • Anyone ever ordered from mypetchicken.com?
  • I ordered from Ideal in September and I'm very happy with the chicks they sent.

I got Ideal 236's (leghorn hybrids), Black stars and Gold stars.  All healthy and friendly(even the leghorns)

I also have older hens from Ideal that have been great...Production reds, red stars, and Barred Rocks.  The Easter Egger (labeled Americana) didn't make it through the hot summer.

My post office was great about it.  You just have to call ahead and find a friendly person.  Let them know the chicks will be arriving and that you'd like to pick them up as soon as they come in. 

• Sorry for hijacking your post Tabitha - hope the answers I'm getting are helping you as well :)
    • Haha! No worries!! I am always looking for more info! :o)

I live out near Aden's... has anyone had good service with them?

This reply was deleted.