Speckled eggs??

I've been getting a lot of speckled eggs lately. I also get a kind of opaque coating consistently on one of my brown egg layers eggs, almost making them look pink.  Anyone know why this is? Is there something amiss in their diet?

Carrie

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• if they are getting too much calcium, sometimes it shows up as little bumps, scattered over the egg, but they are usually the color of the shell.
  • Thanks Chris & Susan. I have quite the motley crew...Buff Orp,Barred Rock,Welsummers(which I expect occasional speckles),EE's, Cochins, Brahmas. All the bantam eggs are fine. It's funny, what prompted me to post this was an egg I got EXACTLY as Susan described, gray dots that make it look purple! I seemed to get these interesting eggs all pretty recently which prompted me to wonder, "Why?" Glad to know others get them too. I also have not noticed any problems with the eggs. Just curious and hoped this did not indicate some sort of problem :) Thanks again! Carrie
  • We get one of these two. It is grayish dots on a brown egg making it look purple dotted~pretty cool!
    Susan
This reply was deleted.