Six Happy Hens Need a New Home

We are moving to Costa Rica in October and need to find a home for Lemonhead, Yami, Julie, Trixie, Princess and Pearl. Three are 19 months and three are 14 months. There are two Easter Eggers (one lays pale pink, the other lays green), two Barred Rocks and two (supposedly) New Hampshires. We also have a very cool henhouse built out of repurposed kitchen cabinet doors that we'd like to sell.(I don't have current pix of the girls because I can't find my camera battery.)  

They're pretty regular layers, even in this heat. I really hope to find someone who will enjoy them as much as we have. 

5020485479?profile=original5020485895?profile=original5020486055?profile=original

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Christine, The first person who contacted me is going to take the chickens and the coop -- and it turns out he lives right down the street! Thanks for your interest and keep enjoying your chickens :) Marilyn

• If you haven't found homes for the girls yet I'm definitely interested. The coop is awesome and I'd take that too.  Kim

• Hi Kim, The first person who responded is going to take the girls and the coop. Thanks for your interest. 

• I'm interested in the coop once you get a picture. I get posts to my inbox in my email.
    Sounds like an exciting move!

Even if you sell the coop elsewhere, please post pics-I work for a furniture mfg and regularly have dresser drawer fronts in lg qtys to recycle. :)
    • Here's a picture of the coop -- I'm responding to people based on the time they responded -- so I'll let you know if the coop is still available. I think it was a great way to repurpose the drawer fronts -- we got them at Habitat ReStore. Almost everything is hinged so we can open things up for ventilation or close when it gets colder (whenever THAT happens!!). Marilyn5020486055?profile=original

• I have found a home for the girls and the coop, but if you live anywhere nearby and would like to check out the way we built it, he won't be taking it until early September. Let me know. Marilyn

• I would be happy to take the hens, as well.

• Thanks Kari, I responded to the first person who contacted me and he's going to take the girls and the coop. 

• Super.  Glad you found a home for them.  :)

• Oo! Someone just asked me where to get ready layers yesterday! I will pass your post along. She only wants 3 though...

And congrats on moving to CR. :)

This reply was deleted.