Hello Micro Livestock owning Permies!

I am going to downsize my quail operation- I currently have two pens- and I've decided to part with one.

When I got started with the quail I built a 3' x 5' pen with four doors, and extensions on the side with the eventual intentions of making it into a tractor...but I never added wheels, so it never moved!It is extremely sturdy- I can stand on it! I built it myself with coated deck screws, 2 x 4s, 1 x 2s, and hardware cloth. (coated hardware cloth on the bottom to protect their feet, and regular on the sides) It it also stained with a cedar wood stain to help the wood last. It does not have an attached  roof- I have just had a piece of corrugated sheet metal laying on top that I can move around to provide shade or protection from rain, etc.

If you've been thinking of getting quail, this is a great opportunity. Most rabbit hutches or other ready-to-purchase quail pens are pretty pricey, and believe me I spared no expense building it.

for $75 bucks, you can have then pen, 7 hens, a custom made no-waste feeder (worth 22 bucks alone), and I'll throw in their water jug, the corrugated "roof" if you want it,  and whatever feed I have at the time.I think I have about ten lbs of feed in the bottom of my feed bucket.

I love my quail and I love to share the quail ownership experience with folks! Thanks!

Kristin

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ksukristin/animals/DSCN1689.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/ksukristin/animals/DSCN1457-1.jpg[/IMG]

quail feeder.jpg

DSCN2560.JPG

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Sorry Jeff- Kristin has given the quail a new home! Best of luck with the future quail adventures for all of you~ and thanks!
  • Jeff-

I've got a message to Kristin because she posted first, but if she comes by and doesn't want them, I'll give call you ASAP!

thanks everyone- it's great to see the quail interest! they are such awesome birds! -K

• thanks Kristin.  Feel free to call me at 480-707-2444 if they become available.  I'm over in Ahwatukee and can safely transport them home inside my camper shell.

• Hey Kristin,

I'm interested in your quail & pen if they are still available.  Give me a call and I'll be happy to pick them up.

thanks,
    Jeff

480-707-2444

• I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! It looks like a really nice little pen.

Kristin, I'm interested. I just messaged you with my email. Let me know when/where we can meet.

Thanks!

• Looks like Deborah beat me to it!

I'm interested as well if they end up still being available.

• email sent Deborah! :)
This reply was deleted.