Just wanted to let everyone know, so the word could be spread. If you live in Phoenix proper and your property is over 10,000 square feet you do not need to have permission from your neighbors. Of course you may NOT have roosters and must keep it clean and quiet! Spread the word chicken owners. There should be a chicken in every yard!

100_0929 - Copy.JPG

167.JPG

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Link to the county assesors office. Just type in your address and the info will come up. Under the "Additional Component Information" bar press the characteristics option.
    http://www.maricopa.gov/assessor/

10,445 sq feet!!! woo hoo!!! I didn't get permission, but they all seem to be cool with it now, since it is pretty obvious we have chickens.
  • Yes, unfortunately most residential lots are 1/5 acre and are around 9,000. Also, the square footage goes by what's on the map at the city clerk's(?) office, not by measuring your property fence to fence. For some people this doesn't make a difference, but at our house where there are no sidewalks etc, the city technically owns a whole lot of "our property" which won't be included in your square footage.
    This is an important note though, thanks for reminding people that may have forgotten (or never known!). I hope this helps you fight the man!
This reply was deleted.