Need a Rooster

Hi, we are looking for a rooster for our hens. If anyone has a rooster that needs a good home, let us know. We can come pick him up.

Thanks,

Candice.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks everyone, I'm forward all the info to my hubby and we will definitely take one rooster this Saturday if you're around.

Thanks,

Candice.

• We have a lovely, gentle rooster.  He is 4 months old, crowing a little bit.  I would love to keep him, but already have an older rooster who may not put up with him much longer.  We are at 32nd St. and Cactus.

• Hi Kari,

Sorry about the delayed response... we had a family emergency, but are back and ready to get a rooster if you still have one available. My hubby just said that you were the closest and that your 4 month old would be perfect. We can come get it any time this weekend including Monday if you are around.

Thanks so much!

Candice.

• Hi Candice,

We also have a 5 month old rooster that hasn't begun crowing yet.  He is a beautiful Rhode Island Red, affectionately known as "Cape," and if you're interested, we would love to find him a good home.  We live in central Phoenix near Indian School Rd. & 15th Ave.  I'd be happy to provide pictures if you like. 

David

• Hi Candice -

I may be able to help. I have 4 roosters, and have been starting to stress about what to do because 4 roo's is just way too many for our 7 hens. They are only 5 months old and still getting along fine with each other, but from what I have read, it is only just a matter of time before they start fighting, etc.

I had ordered day-old chicks from Greenfire Farms (a very reputable heritage chicken breeder in FL) back in November. They sent me 2 Rhodebar roosters when I had only ordered one rooster and then of the 5 Marans that I ordered (which are not sexable at birth), 2 ended up being boys. Soooo.... now we have 4 boys!

I wish I could keep them all, but they eat alot LOL And I know that it is not natural to have that many boys in one flock.

I think I know which 2 that I might want to keep, and I have been thinking about possibly trying to re-home one of the Marans and one of the Rhodebars. I'm not sure how they would do in a new flock, since they've all been together since birth basically... not sure how that works with chickens, or if they would even care!

Do you live in a place that allows roosters? How much space will they have? The Rhodebars aren't crowing yet... but the Marans crow... alot LOL

Thanks

Katie

• Hi Katie,

I'll pass all the info along to my hubby. I think we are just looking for 1 rooster. 2 just might be too much for our hens. And in my experience, even when they've been brought up together, they don't always continue to get along once they mature... it just depends. My hubby's at a conference out of town until Friday, but I'll let him know. Are you willing to part with one? The one that isn't crowing yet would be great :-) We are in an area with roosters, but they are not really allowed. It hasn't been a problem in the past. If it becomes a problem, we can always take them to my mother in laws, where they are allowed. We can always get one from the place in the comment above too, if you want to try to keep your roosters together. Just let me know.

Thanks,

Candice.

• Candice -

Yes, sorry for the misunderstanding... I meant to say that you could take one of them. I want to re-home 2 in total, but you could just take one if you wanted. Then I will just have one left to deal with getting rid of :-) I was just trying to explain the situation fully :-)

We are actually in the same situation, where I don't think they are technically allowed, but we're in a horse property area and many people have them, and everyone is fine with it.

When I get home from work, I can upload a pic of the one that I am looking to re-home that isn't crowing yet. But just remember, he will probably start crowing eventually...I think. I'm surprised that neither of the Rhodebars have started crowing yet, as I thought most started crowing by like 4 or 5 months. Both of my Marans boys started crowing like 2 months ago...

Anyway... he is actually my profile pic. But that was several months ago when he was much younger! I have been calling him "Stew".

• We took ours to the stock shop on 67th ave and tbird. They usually have a pretty good selection of them for about $8. I wish we had connected earlier:-)
    • oh, perfect... thanks! 

Candice.

This reply was deleted.