egg question

i just moved and my 9 girls now have big yard and a new coop. I found 15 eggs this morning under the coop and I'm not sure when they were laid. Should I toss them or are they safe to eat.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I had a similar experience with my Ameraucana. She was going on 7 months old when I finally happened onto her egg stash. I was beginning to wonder if she was ever going to lay. Out of my first 5 chickens, she was the only one who hadn't laid an egg, but I recently spotted her sitting behind one of the oleanders. After looking under her, I saw she was sitting on a couple dozen eggs! It was such a relief to see that she had been laying eggs for at least a couple weeks. What a triumph.
  • Than it is probably still good....as David said, you don't have to refrigerate them either....as long as you don't wash them.
  • Thanks for the info. I tried it and none of them floated.
  • We have ducks, I don't wash the eggs and have them in a bowl on the counter, I have some upto two weeks sitting out. They are fine. When chickens and ducks start sitting on eggs some of them can be more than two week old. if you don't wash them, (which removed the protective coating) they should be fine.
  • put them in a dish of water....if they float, throw them out. (water must be deep enough to allow the egg to float if it is going to)
This reply was deleted.