Desperately seeking local hatchery/breeder in AZ

I am preparing to find my first backyard chicken flock. I would like to avoid the trauma of shipping my new babies to be, so I wondered if anyone had suggestions for reputable/local AZ breeders preferably in the Phx area. I do not know if organically raised chicks are even an option, but it is definitely my wish! I would appreciate any helpful information =)

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh my goodness! You are practically my neighbor! I live near 32nd St & Shea. I would love to come by your micro farm sometime & maybe we can figure out a plan. The 3-4 month olds may be the best option for us since we cannot have a rooster.
    • I sent you my number in a personal msg. I would love to talk with you by phone or in person this weekend. We are finishing up our preparations so that we will be chicken ready with our coop =)

• I don't know of an organic hatchery, but I think it would be a great venture. I happen to have a LARGE high quality incubator and a hatcher that were only used for a year, when I had an ostrich breeding facility.

I would be interested in selling them or partnering with someone who is interested in starting a hatchery, preferably organic, for chickens, quail, ducks, etc.

• Hey, Debbie.  I met you a couple of months ago.  I am interested in connecting with you concerning this.  Email me.  themicrofarmproject(at)gmail.com.

Thanks!

-Kari

• I thought it would have already been done. I'd love to know if you get this idea up & running =)
This reply was deleted.