Chicks...I have chicks for sale

If you or someone you know is just starting out or needs to grow their flock, I have lots of 4-week old chicks. Blue Andulusians (two that are true blue!), Red Sexlink, Black Sexlink, and Ameraucanas. I am breeding real Araucanas and I need to make room for my hatch. I am asking $4 per chick or 5 for $20. I also love to chat about my chickens, so if you are just starting out, I am here for you! :) Please call Kate if interested. 602-615-2044

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• What part of the valley are you in?

• I am in central phoenix.

• I have 4 girls that are 10 weeks old (had 5) -- I'm just starting with chickens and I'm wondering how I might (or should I) add two more -- if you can tell me how to do that safely, I'd be happy to take two -- I don''t care which ones. Thanks! Marilyn

• You are kind of on the edge here. 10 weeks is really past the point of bringing in 4-weekers. It's just a size thing. Usually, I don't add new chicks unless everyone is within 2 weeks of each other and at least 2 weeks old. You could try, but I would recommend evening the numbers. Don't add 1 or 2 because they need back up. Add 3 or 4 and see how it goes. Normal establishment of who's #1 is okay but violent pecking or persistent pecking of one or more of the smaller birds means trouble. You have to watch for a while...not 10 minutes but a good hour and then keep checking for the first few days to make sure peace is settling in and that no birds are missing feathers or getting hurt. If you are unsure, keep the new ones separate until they hit 8 weeks. By then, they have more feather protection and are big enough to start defending themselves better.

• Thanks, that's what I was afraid of ... I think I'll just wait until next winter and start some new chicks then.

• Keep in mind that you live in AZ so you can do this almost year around! :) No need to wait too long.

• Do your Ameraucanas lay blue or green eggs? And are they bright colored eggs are very faintly colored? Thanks!

• I have one green layer and the rest are blue. The color lightens through the laying cycle but always comes back to a blue that is unmistakable. My araucanas lay bright teal blue.

• Hi Kate,

Are the Andalusians and Ameraucanas sexed by any chance?

• Yes they are! All female. :) If you are interested, please let me know as i have someone coming by this morning who is buying quite a lot. I have 2 Ameraucanas set aside but the Andalusians are not.

This reply was deleted.