Chickens for sale

Hello every one, I am new to the group. Just want say hi and relay a message that I got from another group in case any one is interested. Glad to be in :-).================================================================================From: phoenixbirthcircle@yahoogroups.com [mailto:phoenixbirthcircle@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jessica WildSent: Friday, August 14, 2009 5:02 PMTo: Undisclosed-Recipient:;Subject: [phoenixbirthcircle] SPAM -Chickens for SalePlease feel free to forward this to anyone you think might be interested.Hi Guys,Due to the tough economic times, my father, a long time farmer, is choosing to let go of most of his chicken flock. (He has between 300 and 400 on his farm)the VAST majority of these chickens were hatched in his incubator house on his property.They are fed grain and hay and grass clippings and are never given anti biotic or any growth stimulants (I cant legally call them "organic"...but they ARE. lol)They are penned chickens (in LARGE pens on the dirt, no cages.)Chickens are GREAT for handling bug problems (they are ESPECIALLY effective against scorpions!) and most city statutes allow you to have up to six hens in your back yard.These chickens were hand raised and handled by my children.My dad does chicken projects with my children, they take them to the fairs and show them. (if any of you care, they have raised some of the top chickens in the country...lol)They CAN be sexed (so you can have six hens and no roosters)Most of them are coming into laying age.A good laying chicken will lay 1 egg a day.so if you eat a lot of eggs, this is a REALLY great idea.We are coming into winter so they are going to lay better since it isn't so hot!My dad can give you more info when you go to purchase them.He is asking $3 and up for them.Most of what he is selling are Rhode Island Red Bantams.(a Bantam is a smaller breed of chicken that lays slightly smaller eggs)These chickens can also be used for meat.My dad can refer you to a processing plant in Phoenix.I believe they charge something like $1 a bird to kill it, clean it etc.and you take home fresh chicken for your freezer(these bantams are GREAT to grill ...we do chicken HALVES on the grill quite often and they are wonderful!)Call my dad if you are interestedLaron DeWitt480-266-8190if you don’t get him, don’t leave a message, he is an old cowboy that will not learn how to use voicemail! lol...just call until you catch him.GREAT deal gals...and it will help an old farmer that is so sad to sell his prized chickens. *grin*Jessica WildMe www.JessicaWild.comMy Birth World www.AngelDanceBirth.comMy Oily World http://www.doterra.myvoffice.com/wildessentialsllc/My email. oilymom@jessicawild.comNamaste!~ * ~ Watch for Manifest Your Goddess-Self Workshops!

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Your dad can refer us to a processing plant in Phoenix!? I've looked high and low for a processor so I can raise meat birds. The processors I've contacted would not do chickens because they are labor intensive. A few other PPG members would be very interested to know of this place. Do you mind posting the name of the processing plant in Phoenix and what's the minimum numbers of birds they will dress?
    • Hi Janet,

Sorry that I don't know Jessica Wild, who's the one that sent out the original email. You might be able to get more details by contacting her directly (oilymom@jessicawild.com). Good luck!

I-Wei
This reply was deleted.