Bunny Rabbit eating chicken feed, is this ok?

Our bunny lives with our hens in their coop. She stopped eating her pellets and now dines along side the hens at feeding time on their crumble. She follows them everywhere they go and seems to think she is a chicken. Is it ok for her to eat their food? It's cute but I'm worried about her nutrition. Here is a video of the 3 of them

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• UPDATE, in case anyone is wondering, the worker at Pratt's said it IS ok for the bunny to eat the food. So far she does seem ok.
    • Being a 'Bummy Mama' myself, I will tell you that they will eat just about anything. Their favorite seems to be the rolled oats that we get from Pratts (I love that place!). We got our bunnies from a lady that raised them and she told us to give them oatmeal. It seems to be their fav treat. Bunnies also LOVE, weeds (almost any kind) and rose bushes. They eat all the green of the stalks and also the heads, they all come running out when I feed them those treats. Hope this helps.
    • Thanks Joan. The bunny is still alive and very much kicking! She LOVES the hen's food, but also started to eat her pellets again. When I let them out to free range (including the bunny), she gobbles up just about any weed or grasses. She follows the hens everywhere, it's almost like she's in love with them, and the funny thing is, my 2 older hens don't seem to like my 2 younger hens, but they tolerate the bunny. Anyway, she seems to be thriving! Thanks for the info!
This reply was deleted.