baby muscovy needs a new home

Hello Everyone,

I have a baby Muscovy duckling (about three days old) that needs a new home.  I was surprised to discover it because I was sure the eggs mama bird was sitting on were dead (this was week six and I was going to remove them this week when I discovered the chick), but it turns out this is the lone bird to hatch out.  Unfortunately, this baby has twice been found far from the nest without mom and mom was pecking at it when near her food, so I think mom is rejecting the baby.  I do not have other babies near its age or a brooding mother to take over.  Also, unfortunately, single birds do not have a good survival record here (the pecking order is brutal)...so, is anyone interested in a sweet, plucky little yellow duckling with a black dot on its head?  I live in the Gilbert area.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi, sorry I was unable to get back online too, but looks like little ducky has found a home with Dennis, so that's good.

Take care all,

Janice

• I will take it if every one else backs out, I live in mesa

• Dennis,

As time is an issue for me, can you come out this afternoon if I do not hear from Janice?

• Yes,I will be free after 11am, just let me know what time is good for you thank you

• Congrats, Dennis, you have a new duckling :]  If you would e-mail me at kaelyn451 at hotmail.com, I will call you or give you my contact information.

Thank you.

• Sorry guys! First chance to get back online! Timing isn't right for me unfortunately, but I am still interested if you hatch any eggs in the future.

Thankyou!
  • I would be interested in taking it in also.  I have a small flock of chickens on one side of my yard and have an area next to it with a kids wading pool for it to swim in.  I also have some extra fencing to make a small enclosure.  I live in Ahwatukee and could come by today to adopt him.  Unless Frances really wants it.  Let me know. 

Janice

• Janice,

If I do not hear from Frances by tonight, can you come by tomorrow (Saturday) to pick up the duckling?

• Janice,

If Frances does not want the baby, you can have it. It is an adorable little guy or gal.  Frances, if you could let us know.

• I am interested but live on the west side of town. How do these babies do without other ducks. Can you tell at this age if it is male or female?

Frances
This reply was deleted.