Americauna Rooster or Hen?

I'm a new chicken keeper.  I got three Americauna chicks locally when they were three days old.  They are now eight weeks old.  Over the last week or so I started questioning whether one might be a rooster.  This chick is different in all ways from the other two, size, behavior, posture, feathers, and comb.  I read a discussion on backyardchickens.com that talked about sexing Easter Eggers.  It said that females can be black/white/silver but if they have any red, orange or yellow shoulder feathers they are likely a cockerel.  Mine does.  This chick's emerging comb is also already turning red, while the other two chicks are light pink.  I've attached two pics for feedback. It may be too soon to tell, but I would love to hear opinions from experienced folks.  Thanks!5020455898?profile=original5020456080?profile=original

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'm not sure about the feather coloring, but when roos get to be "teenagers," they tend grow larger with longer legs and, yes, the comb matures faster. They have different personalities than pullets, and are usually less fearful. They also tend to try to stand on things to be taller, and they try to be the dominant bird. From what you describe, you may well have a little boy there.

This reply was deleted.