Sugar Cane / in the garden

welcome everyone, Hi I grow sugar cane in a wet spot in my garden.. the yellow kind grows easily in AZ.. And In 6months you can have lots to play with in your kitchen.. So what do you do with them?? well I us them on grilled foods.. mm very good. I just take some shires and cut a 6-9inch piece carefully peal it, soak it in water and add them on grilled foods like pineapple and and bell pepper. It also caramelizes meat like you wouldn't believe. Just add a sugar cane square to a peppered piece of pork loin, and watch your dinner get better and better.

And for drinks add sugar cane sticks to a Crane berry Mojito"" recipe coming soon..:)

Enjoy. Your Garden

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• how is the cane growing going. Sounds interesting
  • Chris
    I will be there. I got some yellow cuttings for the scion exchange, I'll give you some to start.
  • Yes. Sir, Between Herbs, fruit, and Veggy Thats all I plant, oh and a few shade trees just to help them out`Its cool to plant things that are resourceful, lol. see you there.
  • Its a group that meets the second thursday of every month, there meeting next thursday at 730pm, (Maricopa County Cooperative Extension
    4341 East Broadway Road
    Phoenix, Arizona) lOTS OF SMART GARDENERS, MUCHO FUN. I'll bring some sugar cane there if u want some. Its open to all guest.
  • I Got I at a AZRFG meeting for free, now I grow a bunch. I can Bring u some to the next meeting if you'd like?
This reply was deleted.