Replies

• Hi Mary!

You got it! Lee Lee's has the stuff. The galanga is really hard, sometimes I cheat and use ginger- the flavor is different, but I still think it's very good.

I usually leave the shrimp paste out ans salt to taste after fish sauce. For this curry paste, I use a food processor, blend it like a paste. I like to make a curry sauce with it to serve over rice, though you could do it over noodles I suppose. 

Check out this link- I have made many green curry pastes, but I liked hers the best and this is her recipe for the green curry. I don't make it with meat, but the tip on letting the coconut milk separate made such an amazing difference in the flavor- smart move!!!

http://highheelgourmet.com/2013/04/12/authentic-thai-green-curry/

• Also Mary, 

Here is a recipe that I really like making when I have tons of thai basil growing... (thai basil is cheap at Lee Lees though)

Thai Basil Shrimp- you can make with chicken if you like- sometimes I make it with fried tofu, but I like shrimp the best.

1 pound large tiger shrimp (peel them)

4 cloves of minced garlic

1 stalk of lemongrass sliced fine and chopped fine- minced if possible

1 inch piece of peeled and minced ginger

2 tablespoon of fish sauce or to taste

3 Thai chilies or serrano

2 tblsp of soy sauce

1 tablespn of water

1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar

1 medium onion chopped or sliced

1 cup of thai basil chopped

2 tblspoon of vegetable or olive oil

2 servings of vermicelli rice noodles

In a bowl, mix the soy, water fishsauce, lemon grass and sugar- marinate the shrimp at least 10 minutes

Put water on the stove to boil, once boiling drop in the noodles and remove from heat. Let sit about 8 minutes and strain to stop cooking and set aside

heat oil in a wok

add onion and stirfry for 2 minutes

add ginger, garlic and peppers- cook about 30 seconds

using slotted spoon remove shrimp from marinade and stirfry in wok for about 3 minutes (not completely cooked)

add noodles, marinade and stir fry til noodles and shrimp are full cooked.

Remove from heat and stir in Thai basil

Yum!

This reply was deleted.