Healthy Chocolate Puddings

Hi All,

My friends have been telling me I have to share what I've been doing with chocolate and cauliflower.  I've been blending tofu into chocolate pudding since I watched Alton Brown do it on Good Eats... but I kept wondering what else I could use?  So one time I tried making chocolate pudding with cauliflower and white beans.  I've been using canned beans for the convenience factor as my 5 year old considers beans with salsa a lovely and quick snack (yes he eats a whole can at a time as a snack - he has an appetite!).  Anyway, so it had great white northern beans and cauliflower in abundance during the last harvest season and thought, why not?  

• A head of steamed Cauliflower cut up
  • 1 regular can of beans, drained and rinsed if salted
  • milk (we use almond milk), enough to make the mixture blend up well
  • sweetener of your choice (I used some stevia extract plus some real sugar, but have done with honey or agave as well with good results)
  • a couple scoops of a good quality coco powder (I've used a couple heaping tablespoons of penzey's natural high fat cocoa
  • pinch of cayenne pepper

Optional:

• splash of vanilla
  • up to 1 cup of chocolate chips for an extra chocolaty boost (which of course I like - i've used guittard milk chocolate and dark, both are nice)
  • If you want it lighter and fluffier, you could add a thickener like arrowroot powder - I've found it's almost like a mousse that way!

I'll add photos in a bit...

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well I originally posted this going on 5 years ago and it's still a family favorite!  Never do remember to snap a photo before eating it...   I've got a graham cracker crust in the pantry that's calling out for this chocolate as a pie filling :)

• That sounds very interesting. I made chocolate pudding with avocados recently- it was pretty good. :)

• Creative Liz and lucky you your little guy likes good-for-you foods!

Hassena gave me a recipe (never got to try it) a while back for avocado chocolate pudding / mousse.

Just proves you can hide anything in chocolate :-)

Thanks for posting.

This reply was deleted.