My friends have been telling me I have to share what I've been doing with chocolate and cauliflower. I've been blending tofu into chocolate pudding since I watched Alton Brown do it on Good Eats... but I kept wondering what else I could use? So one time I tried making chocolate pudding with cauliflower and white beans. I've been using canned beans for the convenience factor as my 5 year old considers beans with salsa a lovely and quick snack (yes he eats a whole can at a time as a snack - he has an appetite!). Anyway, so it had great white northern beans and cauliflower in abundance during the last harvest season and thought, why not?
- A head of steamed Cauliflower cut up
- 1 regular can of beans, drained and rinsed if salted
- milk (we use almond milk), enough to make the mixture blend up well
- sweetener of your choice (I used some stevia extract plus some real sugar, but have done with honey or agave as well with good results)
- a couple scoops of a good quality coco powder (I've used a couple heaping tablespoons of penzey's natural high fat cocoa
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- splash of vanilla
- up to 1 cup of chocolate chips for an extra chocolaty boost (which of course I like - i've used guittard milk chocolate and dark, both are nice)
- If you want it lighter and fluffier, you could add a thickener like arrowroot powder - I've found it's almost like a mousse that way!
I'll add photos in a bit...