BASIL..

Now Is the best time to sow basil seeds, or buy basil in someform, I find it to be the most useful herb in my collection and a must for any "FOODY" Great with salads and everything else.

The Big leaf Is my Favorite here's a recipe in which i use it on;

Caprese Pasta Salad

Serve with a loaf of crusty sourdough bread or bagette 

Serves 4 to 6

2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped

1 clove garlic, chopped

1/4 cup virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

4 cups cooked and then chilled pasta, penne

3/4 cup Chopped olives (Kalamata)

1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into 1-inch pieces (find then already cut at fresh n easy)

Add Salt and pepper (the salt really makes a difference; sea salt or kosher is fine/ & fresh pepper is even better)

Combine basil, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a blender and mix until smooth.

Combine pasta, tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Im not an expert, but I have grown basil a lot. I like the big leaf kind, because u can roll it and slice it into salads, or anything. The smaller leaf kind I find it hard to cook with, but still has great flavor. I started some from seeds a few weeks ago and they grow fast, you can even keep them as perannuals for a few years, as long as you keep them from frost underneath your patio. I find they only need our strong sun for a few hours, this will keep them strong and green and I put them in a pot between trees.

enjoy:)
This reply was deleted.