Outdoor Shower

I saw photos posted 2 days ago (June 17) by "Nick" of his outdoor shower and greywater system.  Has anyone else done an outdoor shower.  I recently visited my best friend in Florida who has one on the side of her patio and just loved it.  However, I have expansive soil and have to construct something away from my foundation of my home but want to utilize a greywater system.  I'm a do-it-yourselfer looking for more ideas.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If your ever in the north PHX area near Bell & cavecreek rd, feel free to take a look at it if I'm around :)
    • Will you please post a picture of your outdoor shower. You have inspired me to build one in my yard.
    • Heather - Feel free to contact me. I'm in the planning stage and have lots of ideas. I found some 3' X 3' mosaic tile mats at The Construction Lot downtown Phoenix. My shower is going to be classy. We could share some ideas.
    • I just saw some beautiful outdoor showers on http://www.msn.com/.
      MSN | Outlook, Office, Skype, Bing, Breaking News, and Latest Videos
      Your customizable and curated collection of the best in trusted news plus coverage of sports, entertainment, money, weather, travel, health and lifes…
    • OMG thank you, these are beautiful. Love the first photo with the tile. Also like the tiled hanging wall but I'd have to build something to hang them from.
  • Gail,

I am planning an outdoor shower/tub, using an old claw foot tub that I got off of Craigslist. Will attach a garden hose to the tub drain so I can move the water outlet to different areas. Craigslist often has inexpensive tubs and saw a shower pan recently that could be raised slightly off the ground to do something similar.
    • That's a great idea. I love recycling. My girl friend in Florida bought an old antique crib and turned it into a raised bed garden because she has problems bending down. It looks great with her veges and her 2 pink flamingos. I think your tub would fit in her yard.
    • Along with my duck pond-bathtub and Little Tykes goat house!
  • Gail you can set up a shower anywhere. Mine comes from a faucet manifold [4 outlets from one] and i have a hose just for the shower, it travels over to a big tree and has a shower nozzle on that. I turn on the water walk into the stream wash off and walk back to turn it off.....really simple
    I shower outside from about mid june to october [while the cold supply is tolerable]
    • I'm planning to get a solar shower that hooks to a garden hose - got to have warm water!!! My biggest concern is my soil and keeping water away. Looking for greywater tips. Thanks for the reply.
This reply was deleted.