Chickens in Chandler, oh my!

Please help make backyard chicken raising legal in Chandler!

Some friends and I are on the city council's agenda for a study session the 13th of August at 7p.m. Come one, come all to help support this cause!

Anyone who wants 3 minutes to speak gets 3 minutes, or you can even get added to the agenda yourself; make a quick call to the city clerk at 480-782-2180. The latter is only for Chandler city residents, presumably. Otherwise anyone who wants to show support should come.

Is there anyone in the healthcare profession that could dispel the fear of backyard chickens leading to bird flu and such? This is a void we need filled...

We plan to meet at a friends' place at 6 o'clock that evening to plan strategy; any and all are welcome to join. If you can attend, I'll send you the address directly.

as for Chandler City Hall's location: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210625633456536215571.0004c623...

Thanks, and I hope to see you there.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unbeknownst to me, the city clerk passed the video along to the mayor and councilmembers. I got an email from a gentleman on the council today thanking me for sharing it!

• Wow!  My daughter will be happy.

• That's neat!  So wonderful to meet those who attended the meeting last night.  I'm looking forward to helping out in whatever way is needed in the future!

• I'm so glad you made it, Nikki. It was great to meet both you and Mike. I'll keep you in the coop ;) about future meetings.

• Haha! We have thrown the city of Chandler for a loop... The IT Department has been working all day to try and bypass the block on YouTube (don't want their employees sitting around all day watching Honey Badger!). I just got a call from the City Clerk, a super nice lady named Erica, and in response to there difficulties I 1st laughed, then said I'd try and get the video in another format. Becky, can you or your daughter make that happen? Thanks!

• We have the video in MPG format. When do you need it by?

• I will have to send/give it to the city clerk early Monday morning as to allow the city ample time to view/approve/prepare to show. If you can get it to me this wknd, that would be great.

I will be all over the Valley today and tomorrow if it has to be a physical copy (Too big to send via email? I'm not particularly tech-y, so I'm not sure if this is it...); live in Chandler, going to Mesa this evening and Phx tonight, and the VPA office in Phx tomorrow afternoon...

:)

• Dropbox! There we go. Great idea; thanks. I know of it, but have never used it. (insert collective shudder of my generation here)

I know you can send messages through this site, but not see email addresses per se. You can ask me to join using raynewcore@gmail.com

I really appreciate the help, all.

• I was planning to use a drop box but I'm getting ready for a 17th birthday party right now so I'll do it tomorrow.

• You can share the file through Dropbox if you each get an account. It's very handy for large files. Just create an account, then invite the other person using their email address. Dropbox sits on your desktop, and behaves just like a folder, but you both will have access to the contents.

This reply was deleted.