Chickens in Chandler, oh my!

Please help make backyard chicken raising legal in Chandler!

Some friends and I are on the city council's agenda for a study session the 13th of August at 7p.m. Come one, come all to help support this cause!

Anyone who wants 3 minutes to speak gets 3 minutes, or you can even get added to the agenda yourself; make a quick call to the city clerk at 480-782-2180. The latter is only for Chandler city residents, presumably. Otherwise anyone who wants to show support should come.

Is there anyone in the healthcare profession that could dispel the fear of backyard chickens leading to bird flu and such? This is a void we need filled...

We plan to meet at a friends' place at 6 o'clock that evening to plan strategy; any and all are welcome to join. If you can attend, I'll send you the address directly.

as for Chandler City Hall's location: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210625633456536215571.0004c623...

Thanks, and I hope to see you there.

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll ask her when she gets up.  ;-)

• What is your daughter's name so I can give her credit for her video? (That is if it gets approved....No reason it shouldn't, but....)

• My kids and just watched this twice!  Super cute!

• I love it! Serious props to your daughter. :) I will check with the city to see if they have means to view a video during their study session; I'll keep you posted.

If you and your daughter (and whoever!) can make the meeting Monday evening, that would be great. She could talk about why she made the piece and what chickens mean to her. I realize y'all don't live in Chandler, but it'd be great for the council to hear about people's firsthand experiences.

Thanks for sharing! :D

• We can't make the meeting on Monday (my oldest daughter is in Tucson at the U of A and I have a class), but you are welcome to use the video. Couldn't you just show it on a laptop?  If they don't have Wifi, you can use a smart phone connected to a lap top.

If they visit my coop, they can talk to my other, younger, daughters who also love chickens. In the meantime, I'll see if they have time to put together a short video talking about chickens.  It won't be as fancy as the other one, given the time constraints, though. :-)

• It all has to be approved... Since we have to go through their channels anyhow, we might as well have it broadcast in large format since there will be a room full of people. I have the city clerk coordinating this through the city's Communication and Public Affairs Department. Very official. ;)

If your daughters get another video done, that would be great. And super cute I'm sure!

• Becky that video is ADORABLE!

• Yes, we do keep chickens--25 of them. :)

They are very welcome to come by and see what we do. We are on an acre, so our situation is a little different than a housing tract, but overall, the same principles apply wherever you are. I'd be happy to let them hold a bird and talk to them about the ins & outs & challenges of urban chickens. :)

• Wonderful! I really appreciate it. Wish I had an acre (or 4!).... I will contact you soon.

• THis is fantastic Renu.  I am interested in attending and will consider speaking.  Suggestions on the angle to take would be helpful if you dont mind.  my email is reeves_team AT cox.net    Thanks for taking the lead on this.  I've been dreaming of it for some time.  

This reply was deleted.