NITROGEN RICH COFFEE GROUNDS AVAILABLE

I collect about 15 gallons of notrogen-rich coffee grounds weekly from local coffee houses. I have used a LOT in my garden: want to keep up the recycling for them and share with you who can use some of it, preferable on a regular basis. It seems to give the soil texture and nutrients, acidity to alkaline soil.I have about 6 bags of pecan leaves to share as well.If you are close to 40th St. & Camelback, I may be able to deliver. Get in touch!Call me at (602) 248-7810 or e- at nanmar@cox.net.Nancy Marshall

You need to be a member of AZ Herb Forum to add comments!

Join AZ Herb Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have bundles of pecan leaves also, but they keep seeds from germinating. Are you using them for weed control?
    • I think I will pass on the pecan leaves, just because we are going to be using our compost for spring plants and I want the kids to experience sucess with this, even though failure in this case would be educational. I might try it myself though. Could I get just a paper sack-ful from you? Thanks, LeAnn
    • I'll bring a shopping bag full. Is that enough?
    • I use what I have of pecan leaves as ground cover between flowers and veggies for weed control, after things are up and on their own. So...if you shred or compost them, do they innately keep seeds from germinating, or just because on top of the soil they are so much like a wet blanket, so to speak?
      But one pecan tree goes way farther than I can use, so I'd be happy to share.
  • What good timing. I would love to have them for my composting science project. I am on glendale near 7th st. Could we get together late Thursday afternoon? Thanks. LeAnn Holcomb

( Now we can compareecomposition of leaves from different tree species! I have a chinaberry leaf pile, and some from the mystery tree in my front yard. Anybody have any oak leaves bagged?)

Does anybody know if coffee grounds are ok in a worm bin? I was thinking about setting up a a worm bin materials comparison as well.
    • Leeann:
      I do not KNOW, but I have been told by people who claim to know, that coffee grounds are a positive for earthworms. But to be sure, get a more reliable source.

On leaves, I wonder if anyone has a small grinder. I think my leaves would be a lot more useful if they got ground into smaller pieces. Not the magnitude of wood chips, just a little bit.

THIS THURSDAY is today and wouldn't work. Next THURSDAY Jan 7 would. I stopped collecting for this week only, to try to find folks to share with. If you want some next week, we're all set. I will give out clean buckets Monday morning and by Wednesday have 9-15 gallons. OK? Feel free to call or e- to pin down a time and place. (602) 248-7810. 7th st and Glendale is not out of my reach, so I could come to you. Thanks
      Nancy
    • Next Thursday would be great. I will call you before then to arrang the details. Thanks you!
This reply was deleted.