Replies

• I am doing deep litter but without getting into too much detail sometimes there are LARGE clumps that I need to clean out of their laying boxes.  They have four laying boxes and they use one of them to sleep in and the piles of poop are very high and concentrated. 
  • That's good to hear. I was a little worried because it smells so well it might not be good for them. I am also experimenting with making Lacto bacilli out of rice water. So far I have just got the rice water sitting in a jar in a dark place in my living room. Who knew that being a chicken mom and gardener was like being a scientist. LOL
  • I don`t have a chicken coop but if i did i would add it to the compost pile and you can add more and more to the pile and use it on the trees and garden,i would just prefer to have a clean coop i have seen some dirty ones and they were not pretty!!!

• Hi Cassandra.... Not an expert, but I do the deep litter and I just toss things around with a pitch fork to make it look better.

I did add a layer of Christmas tree mulch. It smells pretty good in their coop, but not really sure that is good for them.
This reply was deleted.